Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

I purchased a used car on 1/10/13 from Sunbury Ford dealership.

I purchased a used car on 1/10/13 from Sunbury Ford dealership. The carsales ad and documents I signed listed the vehicle as having 38074 klms on odometer. I was surprised to see 40400 klms displayed on the car when I was driving home from the dealer. When I raised this matter with the dealer this is their response, "The vehicle as you know was driven by myself up to the point you left a deposit. The kilometres shown on your contract were in fact correct at time of trade in. They simply were not updated."

I believe the vehicle was materially misrepresented. what avenues are available for me to seek restitution?

If the seller did in fact tell you that he / she was in fact driving it then there is sadly little you can do.

You signed for the contract knowing that the vehicle was going to be used in that time.

I would suggest speaking with consumer affairs, however if you did in fact sign knowing that the car was to be driven, then there is little you can do to combat that.

Please accept.