Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer

Hi, I have been issued with an Infringement Notice from The

Hi, I have been issued with an Infringement Notice from The Qld Police Service. It was issued by an officer for speeding. All details on the notice are correct except for except for the box where the speed limit of the area has been left blank. So it says Your speed of 90km/hr exceeded the maximum speed limit of ........ km/h (ie left balnk)
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  replied 10 months ago.
If you don't pay the fine and/or contest it in court then the police can update the missing field, so such an error is not a reason itself to ignore or challenge the ticket.

So, if you have concerns about the charge itself, as to whether you were exceeding the speed limit or by how much then you should definitely either check the speed yourself or raise it with the authority before deciding whether to contest the ticket in court. It is also possible that if you write to the authority pointing out the error that they might simply withdraw the infringement notice if the police officer concerned cannot readily recall the speed limit of the road from his/her notes or simply fails to deal with it in a timely manner.

I trust the above assists.

Please rate my answer so I can be paid by the website operator.

Thank you and good luck.

Patrick
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience: Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer