Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I was recently married in Bosnia and Herzegovina (24/08/2013) I

I was recently married in Bosnia and Herzegovina (24/08/2013)

I am currently applying for a Parter Temporary Visa for my fiance who is living in Bosnia and Hercegovina

Am I able to apply for a Tourist Visa and the Partner Temporary Visa at the same time, and will one VISA application affect the other?

Thanks
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your question, I am a sydney based lawyer and will do my best to assist you with your question.

If you apply for both the visitors visa may not be granted as they would fear that she may overstay that visa.

Alternatively you can apply for a partner visa when she is here on a visitors visa and she would be able to stay while they decide.

This is an alternative.

How long have you known each other?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We have known each other since 2010 but really only committed to any type of relationship this year in May. I got engaged to her on the 27th of May and arranged the marriage to be on the 24th of August as it fit in with a trip I had to Italy with work.

So in your opinion would you suggest not pursuing both visa's at the same time?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon

You can do what I have suggested.

Have her come in as a visitor and before the 3 months are over apply for the partner visa and she can stay until the partner visa is granted.

She will go on a bridging visa while she waits and not be seen as overstaying.

Do not pursue them at the same time.

I hope this is of assistance.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hypothetically, what are the fees for a lawyer to oversee such a case and do all the necessary paperwork for the above to take place?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon

I cannot say. Most Solicitors charge an hourly rate. Some would charge you a flat fee.

For overseas solicitors I cannot comment.

I know that you would be paying about $8,000.00 for a Solicitor to prepare the full application and lodge and pay the fee for filing the application in Australia.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thats all the information I require. Thank you very much. The information provided was good service!

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon

You are very welcome and thank you for using my services.

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback

Leon, Solicitor
Experience: BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)