Peter G.
Peter G., Solicitor
Experience:  Law degree from the University of Melbourne 1978, with thirty years of practice experience.

What is the best reponse to a "known" (but not filed as) vexacious

What is the best reponse to a "known" (but not filed as) vexacious litigant who makes yet another application against me?

Peter J R Gauld :

Hello, this is something that one would have to look at more closely than is possible here, but, you have little choice but to follow the rules of court and go through the processes that are provided for by those rules. If it is a vexatious application, you should be able to make an application to have the proceeding struck out on the basis that it is vexatious and unmeritorious. The court might have an overall power to deal with the situation if this person is a known offender. The court Registrar would be happy to talk to you about this – the court is very jealous of its time and will do what it can to assist you. As said, I do not have enough information to be more precise.