Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

My nephew overheard my sister say that I forged legal documents

My nephew overheard my sister say that I forged legal documents then he told my son.
My son told me on the phone of this while I was at work and I left early as I was crying. Once I left the office and was walking to my car I could hardly breath and sent my son a text. He called me and had to calm me down while on the phone. Can I sue her for slander as this is not true?

You can sue for slander, but unless the publication (statement) was made in a newspaper / media / tv, then there is no real benefit and frankly you will be laughed out of court.

In the mechanics of it, the court will not entertain such an action as the publication to one other person was so small.

I would however advise to send her a letter and threaten her with legal action, if she does not attend to sending your nephew a letter confirming that she lied.

Please accept.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didnt want to take it to court just to send her a letter as it has caused me stress

Well, for $110 a solicitor near you perhaps can draft up such a letter.

Go see one, it looks like you mean business as it is from a solicitor.

Please click accept.