Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

I recently changed jobs. After a process of interviews an

I recently changed jobs.
After a process of interviews an offer was made to me, which I accepted.
Note: I had 2 job offers, and I accepted the one I am in now.
A week after starting, it was announced that the company I now employed by had been purchased by a larger company (top 10 company).
It has been stated that all employees will be offered new positions, with no loss in benefits from a salary package point of view.

My question is, should I have been made aware of this possible outcome, before being offered employment ?
And if so, where do I stand from a point of lack of disclosure, and ongoing possible compensation if not made an offer of continued employment with the company that has taken us over ?

In short, it was clear there would have been some knowledge as to what was going on, you should have been notified.

However, you have not ( as yet anyway) suffered loss and as such cannot claim anything.

Under the legislation, even if you were sacked, it does not make difference really, sadly.

Please accept