How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5517
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi I have just been offered a job in the UK with a sponsorship

This answer was rated:


I have just been offered a job in the UK with a sponsorship certificate where I will be applying for a Uk Tier 2 Visa..
I have a Possess prohibited drug (cannabis) record back from 1999 were I was fined $200 court fines and a DUI in 2010 with a 6 month suspension ..

Will this affect my application and do I have to declare the offenses??

Also will I need to present any documentation for my application

Any help or information on this topic would be highly appreciated

kind Regards

Yes you need to declare, but it will not inhibit any right of you to move over there.

It will be of very little issue. But it needs to be prepared.

Please accept
Customer: replied 3 years ago.



Thank you for your quick reply ..


Ok I need to declare and what do you mean by it needs to be prepared .?

What information and documentation will I need to have ?


Sorry , it was a typo, i meant declared, spell check.

Please accept
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok I will declare do you know if I just have to declare the offenses or will I have to get a official record documentation ?

It is a matter just declare.

Please accept
Daniel and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you