Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
17651911

i have a suspended licence but got caught driving the other

i have a suspended licence but got caught driving the other day. the policeman didn't check my licence and so just gave me a fine for unsecure load, this was $220 but no points. im scared that when I pay the fine I will be in trouble for driving while suspended, is this the case?
im scared that when I pay the fine I will be in trouble for driving while suspended, is this the case?

It is unlikely they will detect that, but if they do, then they can send out a summons for the charge of driving on a suspended license. What I recommend you do is pay the fine in full doing a one off payment, instead of the installment plan they offer.

I also recommend you do this at an Australia Post, and preferably one of their busier offices such as on Adelaide street if you are in Brisbane. By doing this, it will further lessen the chances of them realizing you were on a suspended license.

Apart from that, I would advise you not to risk this happening again. Magistrates take driving on a suspended license more seriously than many other driving offences and people end up with custodial sentences for this offence.

Should you have any other questions, please let me know.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question. Your question can continue even after you leave positive feedback, so if you have any follow up questions please don't be afraid to ask.