Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
61534878

what is the regulation for debarking my dog if nusence complaints

what is the regulation for debarking my dog if nusence complaints hav been received and I have tried to retrain my dog and love her dearly.I live in the Cairns area FNQ
what is the regulation for debarking my dog if nuisances complaints hav been received and I have tried to retrain my dog and love her dearly.I live in the Cairns area FNQ

Basically what will happen is that Cairns will send out a council by-law enforcement officer who will fine you for your dog barking and making noise. Its unlikely they will ever seek to take your dog away, but they likely will be happy to fine you every time someone makes a complaint.

I am not sure if that answers your question, but if not, please let me know what other questions you have.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question. Your question can continue even after you leave positive feedback, so if you have any follow up questions please don't be afraid to ask.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thats not what I asked you. The question was ,what are the laws or regulations on debarking ( seeking ventricular ligation of the vocal cords by a Vet obviously.)

What legal process has to be in place for this operation to be allowed.

There was an Act dated 2001,is that still current ?

I dont want people throwing baits to my dog.

Hello and thank you for your question.

The previous lawyer has opted out and so I will try to answer your question.

The relevant section of the Animal Care and Protection Act is section 25:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/qld/consol_act/acapa2001229/s25.html

This section sets out exactly what is required before a veterinary surgeon can perform such an operation.

If you have any follow up questions I would be happy to assist, otherwise please rate my answer so I can be paid by the website operator.

Please note I am only paid if you rate me with three or more stars/smileys.

Thank you and good luck.

Patrick
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience: Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer