Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
61534878

I have 6 months sick leave that I am entitled to. I am under

I have 6 months sick leave that I am entitled to. I am under quite a bit of work pressure these days and was contemplating at some stage taking quite a bit if not all of my entitled sick leave. I have a sympathetic doctor whom has been treating me for work pressures for the last 12 months. If I elect to take sick leave and possibly the whole lot can you see any issues occurring. I would quite possibly leave the work force at the end of the sick leave as I am 61. I am based in South Australia Regards GC
Provided you have a medical certificate confirming you have health issues which warrant your absence, then there should be no problem.

However, sick leave is not an entitlement like annual leave, it is merely a back up in the event a worker falls sick, so you are not entitled to take it simply because you want some time off, you have to have a genuine illness and have this confirmed by a doctor.

I trust the above assists your understanding.

Please rate my answer so I can be paid by the website operator.

Please note I am only paid if you rate me with three or more stars/smileys.

Thank you and good luck.

Patrick