Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I am seperating from my partner and we own a home together,

I am seperating from my partner and we own a home together, what are my rights? Since purchasing the home 1 year ago, I have supported my partner and have made all mortgage repayments on the house.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
How long were you together?

Are you married?

How long did you live together?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel

We are not married, but have lived together for the last two years.

In total we have been together 7 years but we had a year break before we got back together two years ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello

2 years and over living together?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would have to check dates but I think over two years.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If it is over 2 years it is defacto.

If it is under = not de facto and he walks away with nothing.

In regard to the matter, notwithstanding, he would be getting very little in way of the property in any event.

If you supported your partner financially and paid off the house, he is entitled to little if at all.

Less that 5% anyway.

Please accept.
Daniel, Solicitor
Experience: Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court