Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

Weve had a verandah built at an investment home. When the

We've had a verandah built at an investment home. When the company rep came to do the measure up we talked about plumbing the storm water into the existing downpipe on the house. it's very close. The job has been done. I inspected it yesterday and the storm water hasn't been plumbed in. the downpipe for the verandah leads straight onto the ground, and when it rained on the weekend the undercover area was inundated. I've contacted the building rep who did the measure up, and told her about the problem. I remeinded her about the agreement we came to. She said "Yes, but" 1. It wasn't going to look nice. 2. The kit didn't come with the correct fittings. 3. It's not our problem to deal with the storm water. That's your problem. i reponded by reminding her we had an agreement. She left me saying she would ask the installer if there was anything he could do, but by the sound of it, I don't like my chances. I have a $1300 final payment left to make. If the company doesn't come good, what do I do?

If there was an agreement to attend to attaching the down pipe to the existing storm water pipe, then it needed to be attended to.

The payment was for the work to be completed, including the down pipe issue.

I would politely state that the agreement was to fit the down pipe, please attend to fixing it and payment shall be made.

They acknowledge the agreement in its totality. It needs to be attended to.

Please accept.