Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer

How would a deceased persons son get a copy of his fathers

How would a deceased persons son get a copy of his fathers will as it`s not being made available by the deceased brother who is the executor and is not making this document available
The executor will presumably need to apply for probate at some point and will have to publish notices in the paper (in the legal notices section of either the local paper or paper published throughout South Australia) confirming that an application for probate has been made.

Although you may miss the notice publication, you can check regularly with the Supreme Court as to whether an application for probate has been made, and if it has you can apply for a copy of the application, which will contain a copy of the will.

To check with the court contact the court registry:

It is also possible that your father registered a copy of the will with the court when he made his will, in which case it may be possible to track it down even if an application for probate has not yet been made.

I trust the above assists.

Please rate my answer so I can be paid by the website operator.

Please note I am only paid if you rate me with three or more stars/smileys.

Thank you and good luck.