Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
17651911

I think I filled in a form revoking power of attorney some

I think I filled in a form revoking power of attorney some time ago .I rang Land and property information and they say the power of attorney is not revoked. I am very concerned because my brother is managing my unit which is leased to a tenant.My security of tenure in my present accommodation was very uncertain and I asked access back to my unit.My brother refused and I came close to being homeless.I sent him a revocation form but Land and Property says he can legally sell my home and manage my property.If I wanted to return do I have to wait for the tenants lease to expire? At present I am happy for the tenant to stay.Also my brother restricted the amount of money I could pay for alternative rental accommodation when I was homeless. I have told the banks and the real estate agent who is managing the property
If I wanted to return do I have to wait for the tenants lease to expire?

Yes, you do. I also recommend you give the land title office a copy of your revocation. As for the real estate agent, I suggest you tell him you will terminate his services if he does not start including you on decisions relating to your property.

Should you have any other questions, please let me know.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question. Your question can continue even after you leave positive feedback, so if you have any follow up questions please don't be afraid to ask.