Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

Hello I am about to marry a man Ive known as a friend since

Hello I am about to marry a man Ive known as a friend since we were 17 (46) now, when he was 19 he had a child he has had very little to do with (mother wouldn't allow it) (the son is 22) now, He has a ridiculous child support bill (over $130,000.00) that keeps growing with interest. He is on a payment plan of $80.00 per week. The mother and him are still in touch and amicable. The mother says she feels sorry for him but it will affect her pension if she doesn't accept his money. My partner isn't the best communicator, and he has given support to this girl over the years (car, money, nappies, food etc). My question is how do we end this, we have no money, he is a roofer and hasn't the best income....tracey
I would have him sign a statutory declaration disputing the fee and having him confirm what payments he has made as well as purchases.

Have that provided to child support agency and have her dispute it if she wishes to do so.

Also, he can offer to make one payment in full up front as $80 a week, it will take forever to pay off. Perhaps have him pay half up front in total satisfaction of the debt even.

Please accept.