Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Hi, I want to know if i can get out of a timeshare contract

Customer Question

I want to know if i can get out of a timeshare contract i signed a few years back, i have repeatedly told them i was hung over from a heavy night and really can not remember my actions they will not listen and not care, they call me unto 6 times daily 5 days per week. I have 2 trucks that is under finance and both those trucks i am aware of what i signed and take full responsibility.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your question. To Introduce myself I am a sydney based Solicitor and will do my best to provide you with relevant information to assist you.

Please be patient with delays in my responses. I am on my way to europe and with time differences and access to the internet it may take a day or so to get back to you.

In the agreement you signed does it have any clause headed termination that you can find?

The Contract that you have signed is the key to these things and if it is in Australia and it is unfair you may be able to have it set aside but this will require you to go to court.

If it is an overseas agreement then the australian courts cannot assist and depending on which country it is you may be able to stop payment and they will simply do nothing abut it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not have any documents in regards to termination should i ask them for a copy of this. Has far as i know Wyndham vacation resorts is south african company, how do i find out if the business is here or abroad.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon

You need to get a copy of the contract and then look at it.

You also ask them for details of their head office. The agreement will also say that the laws of "X" Country apply. This will tell you if the Australian Courts can do anything.

Once you have it we can continue. I am going to have to log out soon and will be back on late tomorrow afternoon once I get tho the UK.