Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I have just purchased a small takeaway business in a country

Customer Question

I have just purchased a small takeaway business in a country town and I am getting bullied by the post master next door as I hae been sorting his papers for free on a sunday morning and now we hae got busier we need to employ a staff member to help out so I asked him for some payment to go towards it and he has turned nasty and is turning customers away from us and has threatened to open another store by the end of august which a small town like Milawa would not handel and we would all go broke
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Hello

In business it is difficult as there is little you can do to upset the apple cart so to speak.

I would speak to him and try to negotiate the situation.

I would then (if that fails) seek a court order to have him stop making such statements to anyone by either

1. filing in court for defamation proceedings
or
2. sending a letter asking him to stop via a lawyer.

Other than that, there is no real option legally sadly.

Please accept