Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

what is a reasonable time for an employer to take to tell me

what is a reasonable time for an employer to take to tell me if i am able to return to work or not. I have been off work for nearly two years, because i had to have a total knee replacement.I have my doctors clearance to return to work, but no one will tell me whats going on. I feel like I have been put in the to hard basket and forgotten about. thanks del middleton
Hello

There is no reasonable time frame as it changes with each matter, but considering the circumstances, you have given them more than what is adequate in the circumstances.

I would send them an email or something in writing demanding that they give you a response in 14 days.

Any issues, you should contact the fair work ombudsman.

Please accept.