Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

How could i go about getting back a car, that is under my name,

How could i go about getting back a car, that is under my name, that my partner has taken?

You cannot report it stolen as it is not stolen per se.

All you can do is demand that the car be returned. Because it is in your name shows that the car is owned by you.

The finance company would not help also.

You can however file an application to court to have it recovered. They do not have a right over the car as it is in your name. That surpasses any valid right they believe to have.

Hopefully, you can speak with a solicitor and send them a letter demanding its return and hope the matter is resolved.

Please accept.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I go about filing a report to the court & what information will I need to take in order to do so?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If the person, has taken it out of the state that it is registered in & I have no way of contacting this person or if I have no address, what can the court do?

Which state are you in?

Attend the local magistrates court in your area and the staff will provide you with a statement of claim. They will assist you with filing it out.

The court can serve the document to the last known address. It will then be valid service regardless.

Please accept
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

WA, ok thank you, XXXXX XXXXX appreciate your help