Sean, Experienced lawyer
Experience:  Law degree with 1st class honours from Australian National University.
70453545

I am a resident of Australia, coming tonAustralia on 1949,

I am a resident of Australia, coming tonAustralia on 1949, I am not a naturalised citizen, and I have a return entry visa in my British passport. My question is if I marry a British subject can he come to Australia to live.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be happy to assist you with this.

Given that you are a permanent resident of Australia, your partner will be able to get a spousal visa to come and live in Australia with you. You can also get a prospective marriage visa so your partner can come here before you are married.

All you need to know for applying for how to apply for this type of visa can be found a this site:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/partners/partner/820-801/

Please let me know if you need any more information.

All the best with your future marriage.

Regards,