Sean, Experienced lawyer
Experience:  Law degree with 1st class honours from Australian National University.

Can a suplyer for a business take the staff property if the

Customer Question

Can a suplyer for a business take the staff property if the business dosnt py the accounts
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Sean replied 12 months ago.

No, they certainly cannot do that. It would be theft for them to take staff property in satisfaction of what the company owes them. If they do this, you should report it to the police.

Sean, Experienced lawyer
Experience: Law degree with 1st class honours from Australian National University.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

The docos that we signed were deceiving it asked for the name of purchasers then at the end it askes for guarentors agreement that the creditors may seek from a credit agency personal info then you sign below which we did

Expert:  Sean replied 12 months ago.

Even if you signed documents like that, it still doesn't give them a right to take property of your staff to settle debts. They would need to apply to a court to be able to do this, and even then thy wouldn't get access to property of your staff members. Also, you can withdraw your consent to seek personal information by notice in writing to them.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

how does the staff member get help to stop this it was the staff member who signed the doco for a credit check as stated at the bottom of the form

Expert:  Sean replied 11 months ago.

Did the staff member sign it on their own behalf or on behalf of the business?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It was on behalf of the business asfar as I can tell I was wondering if you could take on the case to have it stopped for me

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It was on behalf of the business asfar as I can tell I was wondering if you could take on the case to have it stopped for me also can I email you a copy of the documents

Expert:  Sean replied 11 months ago.

Hi there, if the employee signed it on behalf of the business it will be taken to have been signed by the business and there is no recourse against the employee.

Unfortunately we can't take cases on through this website, but I can recommend someone to you if that would help?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No thats ok I have an appointment tomorrow but thanks I did ring the company involved and they refused to stop it he also basicly said that until th account was paid they would hold my morgage so It looks like I will have to pay big dollars to fix the issue I will let you know how i get on tomorrow it will be 4pm SA time

Expert:  Sean replied 11 months ago.

Ok great. Hear from you then.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

WENT WELL SORY ABOUT NOT GETTING BACK YESTERDAY BUT THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP

Expert:  Sean replied 11 months ago.

OK great, I'm glad to hear that. All the best with it, and please let me know if you have any more I can help you with.