Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

As a parent of a 24 years old daughter, what action to take

Customer Question

As a parent of a 24 years old daughter, what action to take for forcing my daughter's so-called boy-friend ,drug convicted & in prison now but soon to be released (apparently) to not have any contact with her whatsoever ?
I have to mention that not only the above problems but also the young man presents a pervert's characteristics, wants to force my daughter to give him money, pays his bails etc..., promisses to "take care of her" while she would have to satisfy his sexual fantasies and being his income provider ! and altogether forcing her to reject her own identity and obey his "örders"
Presently, my daughter is treated for anxiety and insomnia and stress, but still feels obliged to "help" him.
Thank you for a quick answer and if you could let me know who to contact for this matter.

Sincerely yours
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Sean replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. This sounds like a very difficult situation and I can understand why you would want this person to stay away from your daughter. Because your daughter is an adult you are going to need her cooperation to be able to do anything. Is she wanting to keep him away from her too?