Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland

Hello, a road traffic controller has told their manager that

Hello, a road traffic controller has told their manager that I tried to reverse my car into them. This is a lie. I don't know if they have reported this to the police. I phoned the Police Assistance Line NSW straight after the incident, gave my details and said what happened but i didn't know then that they were accusing me of this. Should I go to the police and make a statement to them or wait? How do I prove what really happened when I was by myself in the car? I can't find a local Lawyer available on Saturday, today.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Brisbane-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Should I go to the police and make a statement to them or wait?

You should just wait. The police are likely to take the controller's word for it and come around and issue you with a Court summons. Once you receive that, at that stage you should see a criminal lawyer about defending the charge.

Should you have any other questions, please let me know.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question. Your question can continue even after you leave positive feedback, so if you have any follow up questions please don't be afraid to ask.
Experience: I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

Also re what I can do for 'proof'. I've hand written a statement of everything I can remember happened while it was fresh in my mind for my record, so should I get someone to witness this? I did that yesterday, the day of the incident, at work. Several people at work saw me writing it (for several hours) as they kept checking on me because I was upset. I don't want to get other people dragged into this problem but if that is what really should be done, a few of them would probably be prepared to witness that they saw me write it and when. Ive signed it and noted the times I started & finished it.

The only other thing you can do is try to locate witnesses to the accident. Witnesses watching you write down a statement aren't going to be able to give the Court any evidence.

If, because there is no other evidence or witnesses, it ultimately comes down to your word against this traffic controller's, then the matter will likely be dismissed by the Court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thankyou. That gives me some hope. Lyn