Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
61534878

My parents passed about about 1 year ago, We the excutive

My parents passed about about 1 year ago, We the excutive of the estate had decided non disclose of their affairs. Yet my mamager is demanding I should advise him and his staff of the affairs, Which I refuse to do. I'm concerned he has invaded my privacy with no apprent reason to justify his actions. I have had a number of people who believe they have some right to interfere into the matters which dosen't concern they, Any advise, I sick of interfering people who don't assist us at all,Yours Grant
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I will need more information to try and answer your question.

Could you elaborate on why your manager has been seeking information about your parents affairs?

What is the managers connection, what does he actually manage?

What has the manager actually done that may constitute an invasion of your privacy?

Who are the other parties who have been harassing you and what exactly have they done which you consider harassment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi ! the manager on-site security, he dosen't have any family connection at all. But implies I should brag about the affairs of our deceased parents, But we decided not too. He claims I should keep them informed of he affairs I'm not satisfityed.Implied by him that he had investigated a few matters of family. The other parties, are voluteer marine rescue, which I'm a member of. Affter several emails to them requesting to left alone to deal with our issues without the inference, I've had it. Yours Grant

Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
You can't take any legal action against people for asking questions or making their own enquiries, unless they have actually done something illegal.

So if all that you are talking about is that various people are pestering you with questions, your only real option is to ignore them. They don't have a right to be informed, but they are entitled to ask you questions.

If their demands for information or conduct are such as to make you feel threatened then that would constitute harassment which should be referred to the police, but there would need to be some kind of menace attached to the inquiries. So if the same person were calling you up night after night demanding to be informed, that would arguably be harassment and should be reported to the police, but a person raising the issue during normal conversation is not breaking any law.

I appreciate this may not be the answer you were hoping for, however, it does reflect the legal reality of your situation and I trust assists your understanding as to how to proceed.

If there is further information or follow up questions you require then please ask and I will try to assist you further, otherwise please rate my answer so that I can be paid by the website operator for my time.

Please note I am only paid if you rate me with three or more stars/smileys.

Thank you and good luck.

Patrick
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience: Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer