Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I got a credit card in my name and a secondary card for my

Customer Question

I got a credit card in my name and a secondary card for my daughter I have never used the card myself and she has ran a debit of $6500 and now refuses to pay what can I do I am on a disability pension and cannot pay this myself
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 3 years ago.
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your question. To Introduce myself I am a sydney based Solicitor and will do my best to provide you with relevant information to assist you.

You have to cancel the supplementary card so that she cannot use it any more and you are going to have to threaten her with legal action and sue her for the money.

You are liable for the credit card debt but in order for you to get her to pay it you will need a court order.

Does she have any assets?