Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

hi, i have an employment query...i have been working in a

Customer Question

hi,
i have an employment query...i have been working in a medical clinic since it opened in 2009..just around the 4 year mark..i work as the only full timer..we have had a new manager for the past year..in saying that we dont see eye to eye and i feel she is jealous of me because we have very different personality straits..i know all the patients and doctors very well and i find the manager feels competitive with me..i have had no written warnings i do my job to the best of my ability and she is trying to get me to quit...she shows me on her mobile other assisstent manager job vacancies at our other practices but im not interested. i originally wanted to become assisstant manager but i dont want that position now. she has made me feel like absolute crap- today she approached me and said "im giving you 2 weeks notice that your moving to taylors lakes clinic" i said "what! do i have a say in this?" she said no its in your contract!! i think she has a personal issue with me that is not work related and she is trying to push me out anyway she can...i called taylors lakes and spoke with a close employee there and she claims they are fine with staff..and thinks what my manager is doing to me is outrageous...i would like to know what should i do from here?....i dont want to move so do i have any rights!!!! i can also say this is harrassment????
please let me know. thankyou kindly.
carlene
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Sean replied 1 year ago.

Hi Carlene,

Thank you for your question. My name is Sean and I would be happy to help you with this.

Can you tell me what your contract says about relocation? If you have an electronic copy you could upload it so I can look over it for you.

Here is how you attach a document:

First type some text, anything - just a few words. Then highlight the words with your mouse.

Once you have done that, click the chain icon between the happy smiley face and the tree.

A pop up window will open. The first line should say Link URL. At the end of it there is a little square icon with a blue line at the top.

Click it and an attachment upload box will pop up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi, i have left work for the day i dont have a copy on my computer..i know i have one at work...or i can call head office and i can email it to you?..sorry i have now put myself in a sticky situation- im pretty sure with re-location they must ask me first to see if i am interested than pushing me out against my will???

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey sean, I dont have a copy as im at home now..should have call head office and get them to email me?

Expert:  Sean replied 1 year ago.
That's ok,, there are limits on what they can do regarding relocation, but we need to check your contract to see exactly what they are allowed to do.

Could you get head office to email it to you at home and then you upload it?

Otherwise you can email it to me at info@justanswer.com (say it is for "AustralianLawyer in the Australia Law section). This goes via the US though so takes about 24 hours. So it would be faster if you can upload it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok so i will get them to email it to me and ill upload it to you!! so what happens in the meantime- do i end up speaking to somebody else if i cant contact you?

Expert:  Sean replied 1 year ago.

That's fine, the site will let me know when you've uploaded it and then I will be able to let you know where you stand.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thankyou kindly

Expert:  Sean replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome :-)