Sean, Experienced lawyer
Experience:  Law degree with 1st class honours from Australian National University.
70453545

my accountant has had my documentation to prepare tax returns

my accountant has had my documentation to prepare tax returns for over 9 months his job was to catch up 3 years worth and get us back on track to date he is still working on the first financial year and now looks like we will lose our business because of the time taken. is there any grounds for us against him?

Can you tell me a little more about why you are looking to lose your business because if the time he's taken?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

aggressive tax man won't wait for accountant. And accountant not communicating to tax office that they have had all our financials for 9 months

OK gotcha.

Well if the accountant isn't fulfilling his role, which would include communicating with the tax office to ensure your business is not affected, he would be in breach of contract and also negligent in the performance of his duties.

I would let him know that you will hold him responsible if he doesn't do what is needed to keep the aggressive tax man at bay. Hopefully that will get him into gear. If not, you can take action against him for damages.