Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
61534878

If it possibles to get a licence under one name when you have

If it possibles to get a licence under one name when you have had licenses under several named with nsw era
Sorry, but it's not clear what you mean.

Are you talking about driver's licenses?

Why have you had licenses under different names and what name do you want it under now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I suffer from a major depression and as it was not properly treated for a long time. I would become very unwell and I wanted to find a way to be able to change my life. I thought at the time changing my name would do it. I am now prescribed antidepressants which provide me with stability. The name I now have I am happy with. I haven't driven for ten years. I would like to know if there is a way for me to gain a licence under my current name without there being any complications.
If you register your name change at the Births, Deaths and Marriages Registry:

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/bdm_con.html

You should then have no problem having your current license or applying for a new license in your new name by following the RTA process.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/proofidentity/change_personal_details.html

If there is further information or follow up questions you require then please ask and I will try to assist you further, otherwise please rate my answer so that I can be paid by the website operator for my time.

Please note I am only paid if you rate me with three or more stars/smileys.

Thank you and good luck.

Patrick