Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
61534878

can I have assistance in retrieving money paid into gio for greeslip?

Customer Question

can I have assistance in retrieving money paid into gio for greeslip? but went into house insurance with GIO?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question.

If you have mistakenly paid GIO money for something that you did not intend, then you should be entitled to a refund.

IF you cannot get satisfaction from GIO then what you need to do is make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service which deals with insurance issues like this and which, should be able to assist you.

http://www.fos.org.au/centric/home_page/resolving_disputes/how_to_lodge_a_dispute.jsp

I trust the above assists.

Please rate my answer so that I can be paid by the website operator for my time.

Please note I am only paid if you rate me with three or more stars/smileys.

Thank you and good luck.

Patrick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have alreadyfollowed that step is this costing me $84

Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.
So you've been through the FOS? What did they say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

to ringthe odbudsman in melbourne tomorrow on the phone

Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.
If you have contacted the ombudsman then that is the sensible next step.

The ombudsman is a virtually free process which makes it a viable way to deal with disputes about modest sums such as yours. Failing that the only other obvious option is to take legal action, which unfortunately, is likely to cost you much more than the $217 you paid in error.

Please rate my answer so that I can be paid by the website operator for my time. Even after rating my answer I will be happy to assist you further if you cannot get any assistance from the ombudsman.

If my answer has not satisfied your expectations or you misunderstood the nature of the Just Answer service (which is strictly a question and answer service) then just let me know and I will refer you to customer service for a refund.

Thank you and good luck.

Patrick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so sorry patrick Im 70 yrs and I thought $84 WOULD GIVE ME THE ANSWER AND BE CHEAPER THAN GOING TO A SOLICITOR. WILL FOLLOW THE PHONE CALL TOMORROW. SO SORRY FOR YOUR TIME