Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

Good Morning my name is Denise. In October 2006 my husband

Good Morning my name is Denise.
In October 2006 my husband passed away. He passed away within 8 months of finding out he had Bowel cancer. At that time he thought through the Commonwealth Bank that he had Life Insurance which he was paying a monthly fee. He had told me that he had spoken to a bank person which had organize this insurance which was 1 or more years before he died. When Philip passed away my daughter rang the bank about a month later and was told that it was not life insurance but what he took out was income protection.He had to stop work from 10th January until 17th October 2006. The reason for this question is do i have any entlitment to recover any funds that Philip had paid into his income protection insurance. Thanking you Denise
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello

In order to, basically you need to prove that he thought it was life insurance.

This can only be done with evidence that its persuasive.

Such as a statutory declaration from you or someone who he said that too.

it will be a hard task i must say, but i would speak to the ombudsman:

http://www.fos.org.au/centric/home_page.jsp

As they are the 'go to' people in such matters.

Please accept.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Daniel

The bank told us it was not a life insurance but income support

Denise

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello

i am aware of that, but you need to prove that he signed an agreement thinking it was life insurance.

My advice above still stands.

:)

Please accept
Daniel, Solicitor
Experience: Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court