Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

Hi There, I went to see a soccer game(5 a side, indoor) in

Customer Question

Hi There,
I went to see a soccer game(5 a side, indoor) in the competition we play in. I was watching the other teams game and this game got really dramatic. Guys within one team started to push referee and getting very aggressive (they got three yellow cards). Anyway, as person in the audience I was watching this game and obviously made some comments. I didn't make any rude or abusive comments. However, one of the players could hold the pressure of the game and suddenly started to threaten me that he would kill me? His specific words where "I'll kill you! I'll shot you down!". Is this something we have to accept? Is there anything I can do about this? I'm worried this guy might seriously hurt someone in the future if he doesn't control his aggression. Is there something I can do?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

it is a threat.

I would contact the police and have them charged and have a restraining order put on them.

They are threatening you with your life, such statements cannot be treated swiftly and without care.

Please accept.