Brisbane-Lawyer
Brisbane-Lawyer, Solicitor - Admitted 2005
Experience:  I did my law degree at the University of Queensland
17651911

hi the police were called to my house over the weekend me and

hi the police were called to my house over the weekend me and my girlfriend had been drinking that night, we started to arrugement in which the people next door called the police for nosie and yelling. earlier that evening she was having trouable walking due how much we were drinking she had knock her foreheand on the lounge and had a small lump size of mini golf ball. Police came saw that jump on me and said I was under arret. me and my partner were trying to explain what happened but police said due to surrounding situation that they wil charge me. police had my girlfriend in bedroom for over 40mins trying to get her to that I hit her in which she refused and told that I didn't refused police statements refused to sign anything Note police did not take me to police station to properly charged I didnt' have my photo taken or fingerprints and they didn't give me charge sheets to sign. Now the follow evening more than 10 hours later they came back with a AVO and a charge sheet with two charges common assault, and common assault causing actually bodily harm. my girlfriend want charges dropped with the AVO Because this never happened and Note that we live together in same house both our name are on the lease agreement. I work in Nursing, Disabilities and mental health and this will have a major impacted on my Job. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME... What my rights are here and what do I have going in my plea MY GIrlfriend Is coming to stand with me in court to fight with me to get the dismissed.
What my rights are here and what do I have going in my plea MY GIrlfriend Is coming to stand with me in court to fight with me to get the dismissed.

Basically you are going to have to attend Court on the date mentioned in the summons. You should plead not guilty, and a trial date will be set. A week or two after that the police prosecutor will contact your girlfriend and if she still refuses to cooperate with them, then they are likely to simply dismiss the case.

Unfortunately until that time comes, you still have to go through all the hassle of attending Court.

Should you have any other questions, please let me know.

If you're satisfied with the results of your question, then I'll ask you to please provide positive feedback so that I will get credit for the time spent on your question. Your question can continue even after you leave positive feedback, so if you have any follow up questions please don't be afraid to ask.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay then thank very much that helps me alot now i dont have to worry so much. thank you if i do have any further questions i'll let u know. Many thanks Seth Roberts.