Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

FLIGHT CENTRE deposit refund into unknown account march. Now

FLIGHT CENTRE deposit refund into unknown account march. Now saying we have to wait 80/90 days again while bank does a search? Do we have to keep waiting,Cant they just make another deposit into correct account

please elaborate?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

simple question,whats the problem

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

approx $816 for my wife refund was deposited into unknown account. Refund was for cancelled flight , Flight cancelled march.Person at desk says well track it. now manager says bank will track it ,about another 3 mnths?

It is completely inappropriate to wait for 3 months to get a refund of the money, due to a mistake by flight centre.

I would ask them directly to make payment within 7 days or face legal action / complaint to consumer affairs.

Sadly there is no ombudsman in relation to such issues, consumer affairs is the next best option.

They should wear the loss and the delay in payment, not you.

Please accept.