Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

We went to Europe last year My de facto had to be hospitalised

We went to Europe last year My de facto had to be hospitalised We had a travel insurance COVER MORE Who does not want to be the total bill of the hospital The bill was euro 9993.86 and they only paid 8634.70 euro Apparently there was negotiations but Chwapi denied it
Now the hospital want s to take action against us What do we do?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening

Thank you for your question. To Introduce myself I am a sydney based Solicitor and will do my best to provide you with relevant information to assist you.

How do you know there were negotiations?

Are you back in Australia?

Did you file a claim for the full claim? Did the insurer say they were going to pay?

What do you have from the insurer about paying less?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cover More in the last email said there had been negotiations but Chwapi denies it I sent to Cover More whatever Chwapi sent me

the total of the bill was 9993.86 euros and cover more paid 8634.70 euros on the 19 of February 2013 Why? I do not know?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good evening

Aks the insurer to provide you an email from the hospital that they agreed to the lesser amount.

If they do not then you can take the insurer to the Financial Services Ombudsman to pay the difference.

http://www.fos.org.au/centric/home_page.jsp

The insurer has to pay provided the claim is not more than your limit.

I hope this is of assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will email Cover More and ask for the document

I did not think of it Thanks

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening

Good Luck with it.

I hope this is of assistance. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know before leaving any feedback.

If I have assisted please do not forget to leave me with positive feedback.

Leon, Solicitor
Experience: BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)