Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I am a Tax Agent and my son has given me his change of employment

I am a Tax Agent and my son has given me his change of employment document which his employer has call "Offer of Re-Appointment Agreement" My son has not signed the Offer and he wants to know if he does not sign it is he giving notice or is he being put off?
Should I email you the document?
Thanks
Terry
Hello

Such agreements are fraught with issue.

My advice would be to not sign and speak with the fair work ombudsman in respect of the matter.

http://www.fairwork.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx

If he is re appointed, the issues is that his employment commences when he signs, meaning he can be sacked within the next 6 months and not be able to file an unfair dismissal claim at fair work.

Please accept.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank that is very helpful there was no written agreement before this so is that terminated by the new offer of re-appointment

Terry

all the best.

please accept