Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

Im employed full time casual in marine industry untyfauling

I'm employed full time casual in marine industry untyfauling boats very often using very strong and poisoners materials, and I'm protecting my body with mask and very often with suits my self and other of my colleagues get allergic reaction and my self on few occasions had to go to emergency doctors to treat it as at times is unnumbered and i can't work as my face swell up, but when I can't work at those times I have been told by my employer that I want be paid because I'm casual.
I think this is distressful because i cant work as i'm in a lot of pain and on medication but my employer don't care about it.
My question is ??have I got any rights to be paid for the time when I HAD TO GET MEDICAL HELP and was unable to work

You become sick whilst at work, you have every right to be paid when you spend time of work as a result.

I would speak to work cover immediately over the sickness you have been subject to.

Your employer needs to provide you with a safe working environment.

Please accept