Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

Hi. I received a very bad deal last year through Ray White

Hi. I received a very bad deal last year through Ray White of Rockdale (Sydney). Gave me tenant from hell (with domestic violence history) who didn't pay rent. As I had no more money, I was forced to sell my beautiful home for much lower sum than I wanted. To people I didn't want to sell to. The tenant was under the impression I owed her the bond, took me to CTTT who helped her clarify the fact that she actually owned me money. Her case was dismissed. I also took the agent to CTTT and got the case dismissed because I claimed financial losses and compensation for pain and suffering which they are not authorised to deal with.

I went through absolute hell with all these people last year, they have cost me thousands of dollars and huge pain and suffering as this was our much loved family home. I am 58 years old, single female with no other support. I don't have enough money left to buy another home. I moved out of my house and rented it out to help me financially and wanted to wait out the sale for a better time. If I had had a better tenant and the property was professionally managed, I could have sold it much better now, that the prices are higher. Also without all this stress. Ray White corporate office is now investigating the incident because I've posted it on the web. I see other people have had similar experiences with this agent.

I'm only just recovering form all this and would like to know if I can get compensated somewhere. If so, where do I go, how do I go about it and how much shall I claim. Would appreciate your advice. Thanks, Mira
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Difficult, but do able,

You need to get a solicitor dealing with loss from negligence.

Contact www.lawsociety.com.au and have them refer you to a solicitor who deals in such matters.

If you can prove that the agent did not do their homework on this tenant, you have a chance.

You will be entitled to receive the difference in the value of the home if successful.

They should be covered by insurance anyway.

Please accept
Daniel, Solicitor
Experience: Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this Daniel, will do.

Yes, they do have insurance and I'd like to claim on it.

Regards,

Mira

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
all the best

please accept