Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

Hi So, a hair service goes bad... Chemical scalp burn &

So, a hair service goes bad... Chemical scalp burn & awful colour result.
A qualified hairdresser (employee) completed the service, with no initial contact of product on scalp. The symptoms of soreness began after client had left the salon.. Alongside of that, owner was not present on the day of the service & the following day was approached by the client & the mother asking for refund. This was provided immediately. The hairdresser who completed the service was on sick leave the day of the complaint & the following day. Over a period of 6days, (2days closed) the owner has been consulting with senior industry colleagues for advice on how to approach the situation, had one phone discussion & three face to face meetings with the mother, provided products and an instruction action plan...
All appeared well received and in good manner .. However the third meeting (sick hairdresser work completed the service returned to work) the hairdresser gave a formal apology, and it appeared it was accepted. however, mother has asked employer for a letter stating that the employer excepts full responsibility and accountability for what has happened. It appears this would be in order to prepare for a claim?
the question is: should there be a letter drawn up as requested?

Sign nothing.

The verbal is enough.

Make no admissions and cease all contact.

They have no evidence that the burn was as a result of the chemical, nor prove issue that there was negligence even if the chemical caused the burn.

If the matter goes to court, they can try and argue, but there seems no evidence of negligence.

Please accept
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you,
So when you say "cease all contact" the situation is that the client & her mother continue to approach the salon, I advised her to go to the doctor & have it checked & to let me know how she goes with it, also to keep me updated as far as healing .,.

Is that OK?
Cease all contact means exactly that.

Do not contact them any further.

Please accept