Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

Is there any point to trying to beat an Intervention order

Is there any point to trying to beat an Intervention order in Melbourne? I have been served with a court date at the end of the month, based on stalking and self harm (she reported me for self harm and had me arrested and assessed under mental health laws). The stalking incident was an argument where I was told we would continue talking inside, then she took off, so I went to her abode to ask why she left, although she did not attend, so I returned on my own accord. I have since been invited on a number (3 or 4) of occasions to that abode and had dinner there prior to the Order being sought. The order contains a child, and a lot of inaccuracies in the story line (she says she confronted me prior to me leaving the abode, although never did). Will such an order affect my working with children card/record as it contains our daughter as a protected person?
Thankyou
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello

At the end of the day it is a matter for you, however there is enough evidence to suggest that there is no need for an order, as you have been invited back to the home.

My advice, run the matter and take it to court as it will be a factor with working with kids and your daughter.

Please accept.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was invited back after the event, however, not since the Intervention order was taken out, and I have not been to the residence since, would that still apply/be taken into weighting for the order?

Is there any benefit to hiring a professional in such a circumstance (sometimes it carries more weight) or is it not much different in this style of action if I represent myself?

Sorry but the advice is a bit short and I need to understand the pro's/con's before outlaying the finances required to persue it.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello

It is still a factor the court takes into account yes.

I would always suggest getting a solicitor to attend to the hearing.

Please accept
Daniel, Solicitor
Experience: Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court