Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I believe that I am being bullied/harrassed by management to

I believe that I am being bullied/harrassed by management to terminate my position. I believe a staff member has lodged a workcover claim (siting stress for bullying and harrassment), and has advised that she will return to work only if I am no longer employed at the same premises. I have asked for evidence of my 'supposed' bullying/harrassment which is the subject of her claim, but this evidence is not being made available to me. I have believed for some time that the staff member wants to be appointed to my position and is doing everything in her power to 'depose' me. I am extremely stressed by the way that management is handling this issue. I have been asked to sign documentation agreeing that I can be 'summarily dismissed' due to the complaints lodged by this employee. Do I have any rights in requesting evidence of the claim? Where do I go for assistance in having my employers listen to my side of the argument? It appears that management are fearful of a workcover claim and appear to be obtaining verbal accusations from the employee and attacking me based on this information in an effort to have me terminate my position in the company.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
This is completely inappropriate behavior.

I would file an application to fair work Australia now and outline the concerns.

http://www.fwc.gov.au/index.cfm?pagename=disputegeneral

They cannot Treat you in such a manner and not look into the matter in such a way.

Do not sign any document that allows them to do anything.

You are entitled to an unfair dismissal claim if they proceed to sack you or force you to resign in such a manner.

Please accept
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have attended a GP today and received a WorkCover Medical Certificate due to the stress over this situation.

Am I still in a position to report this matter to Fair Work Australia if there is a WorkCover Claim pending?

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it has no bearing at all.

Please accept
Daniel, Solicitor
Experience: Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court