Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

Id like to use the quote “Dogs are not our whole life, but

I’d like to use the quote “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole”, that has been attributed to the late Roger Caras ( a tee shirt or bumper sticker.

I would also like to use Edith Wharton's quote "My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet" in the same way.

The items will be sold to raise funds for a research project into dog behavior issues.

From my web research, I believe that quotes like this are not subject to copyright, but I would like to make sure. Could you please advise if it is legal to use this quote in this way, or if I should chase up the estate of the late Mr Caras and Ms Wharton for permission?

Thank you

Quotes and such terms are not subject to copyright, as you cannot copyright such terms.

All the best with the venture.

Please accept