Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

My 24 year old son, who has a learning disability, has signed

My 24 year old son, who has a learning disability, has signed a contract to purchase a brand new vehicle which is not a very reputable brand (Mahindra 4WD utility). I have read and found that he should have been sure of the purchase before signing the contract. And now, after asking the opinions of his parents and workmates has realised he has made an error and wants out of the contract. He signed the contract Friday 5/7/13. Is there a legal out for my son?

You need evidence that he did not know what he was signing.

Such evidence will need to be his learning difficulty and that he did not know what he was signing due to that capacity.

Do not speak of issues with the ute. It is not a factor here and will not assist, you need to give them evidence that he has learning issues and did not understand.

Please accept

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for the delay in responding. Please give me an example of evidence that he has a learning disability.

SUch evidence would be from a medical practitioner.

Please accept.