How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5525
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a rented house which had been managed by an agent for

This answer was rated:

I have a rented house which had been managed by an agent for decades. I have no written agreement with the agent and so far there has not been any issues.
The agent is now pushing to have a legal agreement written and the agent has sent me a copy of the agreement to sign.
I have read through it and it seems one sided, all in favour of the agent.
What advice would you give me in this situation?
Do I have to have a written agreement if I want an agent to manage my property?

Thank you

Viv Carre

Generally all dealings with land need to be in writing Australia wide. That alone warrants the need for the arrangement to be in writing.

I would suggest making some amendments and signing.

Please accept.
Daniel and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you