Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

My son is due back in court in Adelaide in December on a rape

My son is due back in court in Adelaide in December on a rape case, he has pleaded not guilt to rape but admits to having sex with the lady. He had a lawyer early on when the issue was being dealt with at Holden Hill courts, the said lawyer has informed the court that he will not be taking anymore part in this as he wants $20,000 and we just can't find that kind of money.The lawyer has had something like $5,000 already which we are paying back at present, my son has applied for legal aid but because he is working that was refused.This is causing his mother and I all kinds of stress and was wondering if you could point him in the right direction.
Hello

Speak with legal aid again and lodge an appeal for this. It is a very serious matter and he should get legal aid straight up or have a legal aid solicitor attend.

Legal aid are not good at many things, but criminal law is not one of them!

I would also speak with the SA Law Society and see if a solicitor can attend to the matter either free or reduced rate.

http://www.lawsocietysa.asn.au/

Please accept.