Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

I recently hired a professional photographer to take photos

I recently hired a professional photographer to take photos at my wedding. When I recieved my photos I was highly disappointed that the most important aspects of the day were missed. I spoke with her on 2 occasions in writing asking for matter to be sorted. She informed me that she believes she provided me the full service. I then posted one of her pictures on Facebook and my friends made comments about how bad the photos were and that they did not capture my day at all. She has now got a solicitor involved and is saying she will be taking me to court for defamation. Does she have grounds for this when I have not made any defamatory statements?

Rubbish, defamation law in Australia is so well guarded there is no issue at all.

If you think the photos are bad, then you are free to say it, its your belief. It is not defamation.

She has no case at all and is wasting her money.

Please accept.