How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5466
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi I b0ught a house w1th my g1rlfriend four years ago and now

This answer was rated:

hi I b0ught a house w1th my g1rlfriend four years ago and now we are gng t0 part ways.. we have d1scussed a settlement that su1ts us so wn't need t0 g0 t0 c0urt.. we lve n d1fferent states and 1 want t0 ref1nance and take 0ver the l0an. 1m n0t sure what 1 need t0 aqu1re/d0. thank y0u

you can do one of two things,

either just refinance and pay her out


file consent orders in the family court of WA.

This is simply an application, do it yourself kit where you can sign an agreement, send it to court and it becomes a court made order.

You can also sign a binding financial agreement as well and have both of you sign it.

I would advise that you should do the consent orders.

For a fee of around $1500 you can get a solicitor to do it so it is legal and will resolve the matter.

Please accept.
Daniel and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

s0rry 1m 1n w.a we b0ught theh0use 1n s.a 1s there a l1nk t0 the equ1levant 1n s.a?