Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I have been suspended from work ( health service) without pay,

I have been suspended from work ( health service) without pay, on medical grounds, is this
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Need more info.

What are the medical grounds?

Are you still employed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still employed.

I had a stroke in January.

Hospital required medical 'clearance to return to work.

Meeting today.

Unpaid since 25/04/2013.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Are you able to fulfill your role still?

Was the stroke in relation to work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The stroke was not in relation to work and my Neurologist has confirmed that I can still perform the inherent requirements of my work.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello

If you have the details from the doctor confirming that you can work then you should not be stood down.

I would suggest speaking with Fair Work Ombudsman and lodge a formal complaint. They will make a judgement call and deal with the matter swiftly, considering that you have evidence to give you the ok to work.

http://www.fairwork.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx

Please accept
Daniel, Solicitor
Experience: Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court