How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5466
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, My home was water damaged in the storm of 22 November,2008.

This answer was rated:


My home was water damaged in the storm of 22 November,2008. I had extensive water damage across the back of my home, and smalll garage, and the large garage door at the back blew out.

Hollard/Siemses Insurance company repaired the garage door quickly and the painting was carried out about the endo of March 2009. The painter who did the work stated that the ceiling was still wet and thhat I would have problems in the future. I did have extensive cracking but no mould. The ceilings show areas of bowing on the plaster joins. I had insulation inserted during the government's offer to subsidise.

I have had 4 assessors out. The first was from the company, the second, third and fourth were from independent companies. The last one from Real 36o said that the preparation of the gyprock at the time when the house was built, is the cause of the paint cracking. They have now stated that they are not to blame and are closing the case.

What do you advise that I do. Do I just forget about trying to make them do anything further or just get someone to strip the whole house of the plaster and start again? An impossibility as I am a pensioner.

I hope you can give me some useful help. Many thanks.

it seems like you do have a case against mismanagement of the matter.

I would strongly advise to file a complaint with the insurance ombudsman.

They will make a judgement call on the matter.

Please accept.
Daniel and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you