Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

I made an agreement (verbally) with my partner when I left

I made an agreement (verbally) with my partner when I left our house in 1998 that he hand down our house too our daughter. Because his mother and uncle where living in the flat at the back he couldn't afford to give me any money, each year he would say i'll give you some money when I could afford it. then after 5 years he told me he didn't have to give me anything because a lawyer told him I was 'out of time' and my name never went on the
title but it was on the mortgage which he had removed when he re financed. He now has the house on the market, does my daughter and / or I have any rights or claim to this.

Sadly he is correct, you are out of time.

You have a 2 year period to make a claim. You are sadly well out of time :(

All you can do, or more to the point all your daughter can do is have a claim against him when he passes away.

I wish i could give you better news.

Please accept.