Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

Good morning, We are in the process of updating our last will

Good morning,
We are in the process of updating our last will and testament. We would like our son, the only child of this marriage, to be the sole beneficiary of our estate. I have two questions.
1. On what grounds can our will be contested by my husbands two non dependent children from his previous marriage
2. Is there a way to ensure the two children from my husbands previous marriage are not able to contest our will

1. They can claim that they were dependents. But is hard considering that he has remarried and the like.

2. Write a codicil, this is simply a letter annexed to the will that explains why they should not claim.Quite a simple procedure.

Please accept.